Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Nokia Touch.....

I doubt that I have enough readers that might have noticed the absence of posts for the last couple of days. Well, I owe it to Nokia.

Th Nokia 5800 Xpress Music is a "first" from the Finnish major in that it is the first touch-screen phone to be launched by it. It is at loggerheads with Apple's I-Phone. Which is better is worth another post on its own, so I won't do it here. The 5800 is a great phone no doubt, but with hardly a month since I bought it, it is too new to be developing any kind of problems, which it is. I, for Nokia's sake, hope that this is just a one-off case and not a problem with the 5800 in general. That would be a disaster, not only for the 5800 but for the N-96/97 dunno which one exactly that they have lined up to be the successor.

Now, the problem may have arisen due to the fact that over the last few days I had used the phone to connect to the internet for 8+ hours. That's just exploitation, but isn't a device as expensive as that supposed to handle that kind of a work load? It is a problem with the display, which flickers when you make or receive a call or when you 'unlock' the screen/touch pad.

Its over to you guys at Nokia-Care, to which I'll have to schedule a visit pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment